Monday, April 23, 2007

What a Nice Surprise

For approximately 4-5 years I have been completing online surveys for Decima Research. I can't even remember how I began. Until recently, as you completed a survey your name was thrown into the monthly draw for $1,000 (now you can choose between entering your name into the draw or getting Aeroplan points). I didn't think I would win but I enjoyed completing the surveys and giving someone my opinion (they asked for it).

Last December I received an e-mail from Decima requesting that I complete a form as my name was selected as a possible monthly winner. I would hear in about six weeks. Yeah, right. I completed the form, sent it back and didn't hear anything.

Upon returning from Cuba I had a notice from a courier company that tried to deliver a package, but of course I wasn't there. I called the courier company on Friday to redirect the package to my work address for delivery today. I asked the courier company where the package was coming from and she said Decima Research. I thought that maybe perhaps it was a cheque for $1,000 but then I also thought that maybe they were sending me something to try at home and then I will complete a survey later about the product.

Yes, you guessed it. The thin package came today so I knew it wasn't a product to test at home. It was a cheque for $1,000!!!! No letter, just the cheque. I actually was a monthly winner. It actually does happen to the average person like me. That money is going into the vacation fund for the next trip (after I make a quick trip to Talbot's of course).

It took 4-5 years of completing surveys to win the money but as Jon and I have always said, "Good things come to those who wait."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...but I enjoyed completing the surveys and giving someone my opinion (they asked for it)."

Come on. Admit it. You enjoy giving your opinion even when it ISN'T asked for.... ;-)